Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Looking After Oneself

As we get older, our bodies change. So do kitties' bodies as they become senior kit-izens. I was brutally reminded of this fact over the weekend. With Mousie, we are a team; what I eat-she eats. But sadly, I cannot do this anymore. No more chicken and no more treats*. As she's on the hyperthyroid meds she can't have anything out of the ordinary. I have to be really vigilant and make sure I don't take my eyes off my plate for a second when I'm eating as she swoops in very quickly!


(*Her owner said that she looked on the Dreamies website and they've changed their recipe recently, so maybe that had something to do with it? Who knows, I'm not taking any chances)

4 comments:

Louche Tabby said...

Ummm, come to think of it, I don't eat her treats!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

And I'm sure Mousie is glad you don't eat her treats too! :) I hope she is feeling better soon!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I have never liked people food, but now I have started to eat a few bits of meat that mum cooks for her and dad. I hope Mousie is feeling better now.

Eastside Cats said...

Ooh, hyperthyroid! Hope the new food makes Mousie feel 100% again!